BOSS Creative and interior stylist Laura Baldwin has chosen some inspiring ideas to keep your home cosy this autumn.
‘I love the burnt colours of autumn, the season that is far from in between and completely stands on its own. It’s a gentle reminder of what is around the corner – Christmas! I think the key to home styling into the next season is to keep it simple and use pieces from nature. Nature never really dates.
An easy seasonal home change is dried autumn leaves in a hurricane vase and micro lights. The leaves disguise the battery pack and the whole vase glows!
1. Scoop up some autumn leaves
3. Add to cloche/ bell jar
4. Add microlights
Around this time of year I like to make spiced oranges. They are great now, and even better by December. You can hang them around the fire place as a whole, or slice them into lanterns with a candle.
1. Preheat oven – 75°C to 100°C
2. Slice a couple of oranges
3. Place a sheet of baking parchment/greaseproof type paper onto a baking sheet
4. Place orange slices on top
5. Bake slowly for couple of hours, turn, bake for another hour or so.
6. Leave to cool. Add cloves, star anise, cinnamon sticks.
Or to make as whole oranges to hang near a fireplace:
Wash oranges, cut slits from top to bottom and put in a low oven for 12-24 hours until dry.
For booking details check out Laura’s profile on our website.