Pretzels are such a tempting savoury treat and we don’t need an excuse to grab one. For #NationalPretzelDay, Boss Food Stylist Olivia Casson has put together this delicious recipe. Olivia’s Chocolate, Pecan and Pretzel Tart is the best way to celebrate #NationalPretzelDay; by tucking in!
1 shop-bought pastry case
300 ml double cream
50 g unsalted butter , (at room temperature)
200 g dark chocolate , (70%) (broken into small pieces)
Pecan and pretzel layer:
110g dark brown soft sugar
25g butter, melted
60ml golden syrup
1 large eggs, beaten
1 tablespoons bourbon whisky
110g pecan halves
110g salted pretzels
Pinch sea salt flakes
Creme fraīche or ice cream
1. Preheat oven to 180ºC/gas mark 4.
2. Put the cream in a pan and bring to the boil. Remove as soon as the mixture boils up.
3. Once off the heat, add the butter and snap in the chocolate. Stir until blended.
4. Pour into the pastry case and refrigerate.
5. Meanwhile, mix the caster sugar, dark brown soft sugar and melted butter together in a bowl. Stir in the syrup, eggs and bourbon, then fold in the pecans and pretzels.
6. When the chocolate is set enough to hold the topping, pour the pecan and pretzel mixture into the chocolate filled pastry case.
7. Bake in the preheated oven and bake until the pie topping is set (about 25 minutes). Allow to cool completely on a wire rack before serving.
8. Sprinkle sea salt flakes lightly all over, then serve with crème fraīche or ice cream.